Office Move

Finally, our office move is completed. It's been postponed ever since I joined the company in May and I heard that this topic has been up since March. Haha. Shows the efficiency of our company in handling such things. Anyway, I'm real glad that it's over and done with coz it was really tiring for me. In my whole dept, everyone had to pack and most of them had only half a box to 1 box of things. For me, it was 4 big boxes! The worst part, I had to pack them all by myself and unpack, all in a day's work! Suffering from muscle ache now. Sighz..

The office space was designed by Yating and I, and we won the award for it. Somehow, it wasn't what we expected due to the limited office space that we have - All thanks to cutting cost. Everybody was complaining but space restriction and that we can't see each other even after standing up. It's not our fault! There are so many needs that we have to cut down on everybody's wants while designing the plan. The whole area that we have is small. There's nothing we can do. To provide everyone with enough storage space, we could only think of hanging cabinets so that there will be more leg room as well. Hence, the design is as such. Don't care about what they say. If they wanna complain, they should have designed something as well. Too bad if their design didn't get chosen. It's not our fault. Complain to the big boss for choosing our design then. Haha.

Went to Elias Park for dinner after the office move with Tom. Poor Victor had to wait for us to knock off for quite some time. Apologies on that. It took me a long time to unpack as we still have some cabinets not built yet. When we finally got everything settled and wanted to take a cab there, there were no cabs, only long queues of people waiting for cabs. Decided to take a train to Pasir Ris and trying our luck there. It was definitely much better than queuing up for cabs. Got a cab pretty soon and at long last, we were there!

Both of us were starving by the time we reached (10pm) so we ordered beer and food. Victor was with a friend (Irvin), the owner of the place. Not sure what's the name of the place but this was my second time there. The chicken wings there are good! We will always order that when we're there. Haha. We caught up on our lives and school days in the past when Irvin was busy. When Irvin joined us, it was about his army days with Victor. Sounded like they had 1 helluva time in the army.

What was the joke of the day was that people from my office turned up at the same place and sat next to our table. Could anything be worse than that? Thank god Victor commented on a big group coming to the place and we turned around. I recognised them immediately and had to let go of Tom's hand. Nobody in office is supposed to know about the 2 of us being together. It's not that I'm ashamed of him or anything along that line. It's just work ethics and I was the one who recommended him into the company. It's just not right.

Throughout the whole time that the big group from office was there, we jus acted as normal friends and chatted. Haha. Quite comical and dumb, but just had to bear with it. They left after an hour and a half or so. We were there til 2am! But the nicest part of it all was: I SAW A SHOOTING STAR for the first time in my life!!! It was bright and gorgeous! Truly amazing!!! Victor saw another one after about an hour, but as it was behind me, I couldn't turn in time to catch it. Didn't manage to make a wish though. Was too in awe at the beauty of the shooting star that I missed the chance. Next time it happens, I'm gonna be prepared! Hehe. Wonder when I'll get to see another shooting star again.

Woke up quite late today. Body simply refused to wake up. I knew what it meant. Tom brought lunch over and we had a good meal. Was so full that I simply refused to move. Haha. Took a shower and while changing, I found the URA personnel downstairs giving summons to people who did not display their coupons. Told Tom immediately and he ran downstairs to put 1. Dad came out from toilet soon after, and he did not put a coupon as well. Told Tom to run downstairs and stop the woman from giving Dad a ticket. Tom wanted to put a coupon for Dad but I waved to him not to. Wanted to tell him that Dad was coming down and all he needs is to hold the woman up for a while. Silly boy came up without hearing me shouting to me, and he didn't bring his handphone downstairs with him. Dad ended up with a ticket. We both said to pay for him. Not sure whose fault it was, but anyway, the 2 of us are gonna pay for it. Sighz.. What's it got to do with me? ;p

Went to Orchard after that. Has been a long time since I went to town, be it weekday or weekend. Had to bring my pants for alteration. I've bought them for quite some time now, and I've finally gotten down to doing it. Haha. Shows how lazy I am. While waiting for my pants to be altered (the person told me to wait a hour), we walked around Wisma and Taka. While heading towards Taka, I felt a slight headache and I knew what was happening. Hormonal changes were taking place. We continued to walk around and went to Kinokuniya. I've rekindled my love and interest for books. :)

Headed to the ladies after that and it was exactly as I thought. Sighz.. Felt sick and tired. Told Tom that I wanted to go back and rest. Went back to collect my pants, only to find them not ready yet (It was almost 2 hours from the time I dropped them off). Waited for about 15 mins before they were ready. Was too lazy to try them on before leaving. If the length is still not right, I'm bringing them back.

As soon as we reached Tom's place, I plonked myself onto his bed and I fell asleep. Can't remember what was the time then. Probably about 7.30pm to 8pm. Slept til 3am before he sent me home. My goodness! I sure can sleep! I'm still sleepy actually, but decided to blog before I get knocked out to the world again. I'm sure I'll be waking up very late again tomorrow. Hormonal changes.. God! I sure do hate it when it happens!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walking in the woods...

Rumour

disappointed n jer's departure...