First dinner I cooked

Last night was the very first time that I actually cooked dinner for anyone. Have been in the mood to cook for Tom this week. I must admit I'm not someone who can cook or likes to cook. I'm more the kind of person who prefers to bake cakes or make desserts. That's why it was pretty amusing to myself that I actually had the urge to cook.

For the whole time that I was with Tom (almost 2 years now), it has always been him or his mum cooking dinner for me. The only thing that I've cooked for him is only instant noodles, and everyone knows how to do that. I've watched him cook for me a few times, especially recently, hence I decided to try. Told him that he was not supposed to help at all except when I ask him questions. Hehe.

Once we reached his place, I proceeded to the kitchen to start cooking. The dinner was: Spaghetti and soup. Yes, it's the simplest Western food to cook and the only thing that I know how to cook after watching him so many times. I allowed him to cut the mushrooms while I was making the soup and cooking the linguine.

Cooking was quite fun, especially when I was making dinner for the guy I love. He was patiently teaching me what to do when I needed his help. It was kinda romantic to me.. Cooking side by side each other, for each other.

The only down part was that I didn't manage to drain all the water from the linguine while taking them out from the pot, causing the sauce to be a bit too wet. Tom was really sweet to say that it was ok and that the food was still delicious, that I've done a very good job. So nice to have someone praising me. Hehe. :)

Must learn to cook something else soon. Can't always be cooking the same thing for my dear everytime. Will definitely be reading cook books soon. Haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walking in the woods...

Rumour

disappointed n jer's departure...