Dragon Boaters

I only saw it in the newspapers this morning while visiting grandma.. The news about the 5 dragon boaters whose bodies could not be found when their dragon boat capsized in Phnom Penh Tonle Sap River. I felt sad then.. 3 of them were younger than me. Sighz..

Just waited by the TV for more news on the 5 of them. As feared by most of us, they have left us.. At last their bodies were found. I felt truly emotional then, even now. Tears fill up my eyes while I'm typing this blog. No, I do not know any of these 5 people but I feel deeply sorry for them. They were so young.. So energetic.. Devoted athletes representing our country and yet, they passed away in a faraway land.

We should really treasure what we have right now. You never know when you will leave this world, leaving your loved ones behind. I feel the sorrow of the parents, the loved ones they left behind coz I've been in that situation before. Tell your loved ones you love them, show them that you care. Much as I always scold my dad, deep down I care for him. Just that I don't show it as often. I wanna tell my mummy how much I love her, but I only had 3 years to do so coz she passed away when I was 8. Before that, I was to young to know how to tell her how much I love her.

How I miss my mummy.. I want her to be proud of me sooo much. I've struggled all these years for good results in school, in life. I want to tell her I love her so much, that I miss her. I wanna hug her and let her console me when things go wrong. All these wishes.. have not and will not be fulfilled anymore. All I can do, is continue wishing...

Watching the news on TV brought back all these memories.. I'm sure friends and families of these 5 dragon boaters will be devastated. But I'm also sure that their spirits and everything about them will live on in the memories of the people who love them. Be strong. I'm sure they will wanna see the living people who love them to be happy.

The 5 of them truly deserve our respect, for taking part in this competition in the name of our country though it cost them their lives... I truly salute you 5! Rest in peace....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walking in the woods...

Rumour

disappointed n jer's departure...