Lasik - Yes or No?

Last nite (or rather early this morning) while sending Ann home, we had a talk in the car. She was advising me to go for lasik.

For many a times now, I've been hesitant and unwilling to try. I've seen friends who end up having to wear specs at night or being unable to see clearly when there's a lot of lights. With my pathetic eyesight, I'm not sure what the final outcome will be and if it'll end up well. I don't wanna end up having to still wear specs.

But what I'm most dreading is the fact that I'll have to wear specs for a couple of months before I can go for the review and the actual op. I've always been vain in the fact that I think I look really ugly with specs. Not really say ugly but my eyesight is so bad that I know people can always tell by the "rings" in my glasses. I really hate it when people look at me and go "wah.. your eyesight is quite bad hor?" or "wah.. ur glasses are so thick".

Sigh.. For the sake of beauty and perfect eyesight thereafter, I know I have to overcome that horrible dreaded feeling of being criticised and all the snide remarks that will be coming my way. I have to live as an ugly duckling again before I can attain my idea of being "pretty" without specs or the hassle of glasses ever again.

I haven't worn glasses out in public (at least not town or to office) ever since I turned 15. It's been 13 years of vanity. I need a lot of courage to get over my emotional hurdle. Maybe the pros do outweigh the cons but I think I need a lot of support and encouragement to do it.

Dear friends who read my blog, pls lemme know your thoughts on whether I should go for it. Thanks!!! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walking in the woods...

Rumour

disappointed n jer's departure...