Thanks Gordon!

Did a basic body checkup on Sunday morning. I'm 49.9kg.. 0.1 more kg to reach 50kg. That's the target but luckily, it wasn't what I expected my weight to be. Not a very fair result though coz I hadn't had food for the last 14 hours when I went for the checkup (dinner was at 8pm and checkup was at 11am).

I'm still underweight - BMI & BMR says that. Visceral Fat is at a fantastic level of 1 - the least that anyone can have. Phew.. The lady doing the checkup thought I was only 24 years old. YAY! Haha. The system somehow manages to calculate the age of the body through weight, height and some other factors. It says that I have a body of a 19 year old. :p I'm happy with that but the lady said that an age difference of + or - 10kg is not good. BOO!

Anyhow, my blood pressure was very low on the 1st test. 2nd test was slightly higher but still low. Somehow heartbeat was pretty slow - dying? Which reminded me of the time when Jer was sick and I went to the doc with him. Doc took Jer's blood pressure and stuff, had a look at me n mentioned that I looked more sick than Jer was coz I had nose block. He took my blood pressure and it was also way too low. Told me to take more iron. Guess.. Something has to be done again now? :(

Even my metabolism was below normal - normal is about 1200, I'm 1148. Not too bad but still low. So I decided to do some exercise in the afternoon. Went to the gym for a 2km run, a 2km cycle and a 20 lap swim in a 25m pool. Pretty decent I guess but some abs pain now. :) Good kind of pain so I don't mind.

Took a day off work yesterday (04 July) after 5 consecutive months of endless working. Decided to pamper myself a bit and wanted to straighten the front of my hair that was getting frizzy. The stylist is now a sales guy but due to the office being shorthanded, he had to be a guest stylist for me. Kept persuading me to curl my hair but after my horrible experience 1 year plus ago, I was hesitant.

Gordon (the stylist) was very convinced that he would do a good job so I agreed to it - I kept emphasizing straight in front, curls only at the bottom. No overly permanent curls nor super small curls. Big wavy curls only. And I kept telling him about my horrible experience and how it made my tears roll down my cheeks involuntarily. I think he was a little overwhelmed.

I must say, Gordon is 1 of the best stylist I ever had. Soooo caring, gentle and thorough with my hair that I think my hair fell in love there n then. He treated my hair better than I do!! Can you believe it?? He made my hair feel really pampered and loved! I have never encountered such a stylist before (he's not gay by the way). And I felt bad to have him do my hair in shirt and pants.

He never complained, just carefully did my hair the way I wanted it. Front straight and bottom curls. I have never loved my curls more than this, and this is my umpteenth time curling my hair. I walked out, feeling happy with my curls. And I still felt happy with it today! :) Thanks to Gordon for making me feel pretty! I doubt I'll ever forget him, esp the part when he asked "are you having school holidays?"!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walking in the woods...

Rumour

disappointed n jer's departure...