Back from Bangkok

I'm back from my trip to Bangkok. This trip was more relaxing than the last time I went, probably coz when I went last year, it was my first time there hence we explored more places.

Stayed at Asia Hotel this time. It's 5 mins walk to MBK and Siam area, where all the shopping can be done. As always, I bought the most stuff on the first day so that I can relax for the next few days. Hehe. Went to Suan Lom night market for dinner that nite. We even had time to head back to the hotel room to put our things down and rest a while before heading for the night market. There was a ferris wheel there and I went on it. Think it's the first time I took the ferris wheel and the sight was really nice. Enjoyed myself!

Woke up at 9.30am (Singapore time) for breakfast. Went back to the room for a short nap after that before bathing and heading to Pratunam market. Shopped til evening time and headed back to hotel to put down our purchases, rest and took a cab to Khao San where it was the backpackers' area. Got myself a henna on my shoulder and I love the design! :)

Third day morning was the same as the previous day. Headed to Chinatown to buy snacks for Carissa and to walk around. The weather was so hot that we couldn't take the heat by 3pm! Managed to eat some local Chinese food that the Thais made. Hehe. Went back to the hotel to rest and relax til about 5pm (I slept!). Haha. Went to Sukhumvit to have dinner at Cabbages & Condoms. Thanks to Ali and Irvin for bringing me there last year! :p Walked around the area after dinner before heading back to the hotel to dump our stuff and went to the small bar/pub opp the hotel for some beer. Slept well that night.

Last day of the trip.. Refused to wake up for breakfast coz I wanted to sleep more. Kinda sad that it's the end of my trip to Bangkok. Rested til about 12pm (Singapore time) before we checked out of the room and headed to MBK for last minute shopping. Had brunch at Mister Donuts and walked around MBK for the last time. Finished all the last min shopping by 3pm (Singapore time) and had 2 hours to spare. Went to Starbucks and grabbed a tea. Sat there looking at the cars go by as well as the time slipping by while enjoying my tea. Time flew by and soon, we had to collect our stuff from the hotel and headed to the airport. And that's the end of my trip to Bangkok.

And now, here I am, back in the comfort of my room and my bed, typing my blog on my laptop while I'm lying on my bed. But somehow, my heart is back in Bangkok. I really miss the carefree days where I can just shop, eat and have fun without a single thing on my mind. Sigh.. The minute I reach Singapore and boarded the cab home, my mind went back to office.. Wondering if everything was alright especially coz I received calls a few times from office while I was in Bangkok. I'm such a workaholic..

Attending Stan & Sonia's wedding tomorrow night. Think I'll give the church wedding a miss since it's already 2am now and the church wedding is in the morning. I seriously doubt I'll be able to wake up. Wonder if Ali managed to come back to attend the wedding. Sigh...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walking in the woods...

Rumour

disappointed n jer's departure...