Happy Birthday To Me!

31 Dec 2006: Here I am.. Stuck in my office on my birthday with the system being down!! God.. Playing tricks on me aye? Slept at 4.30am this morning and had to drag my butt off my ever so comfortable bed at 8.30am just to rush to office to finish my work and yet.. Sighz.. But amazingly, I'm not that tired so it's still alright. Got my forever needed good friend beside me every morning - COFFEE!! Haha. Yeah.. I'm such an addict that I get headaches at times when I'm too tired. :p

It's been a great week for me. Met up with Eugene on Wednesday for dinner after we lost touch and haven't met up since we graduated from college which was 6 years ago. Chatted and caught up on our lives after such a long time. :)

System's up.. Gotta work.. Continue later.

02 Jan 2007: Finally back to blogging. Went for dinner with Ow after work on Thursday night (28 Dec) which was ok. Haven't really eaten with him before. He's not the gentlemanly type but I didn't tell him that. Hehe. Shush...



My birthday celebrations sort of started on Friday night which was only 29th Dec. 2 days in advance. Haha. Received flowers from Tom which was delivered to office for me on that day. The pigs are cute right? :) And we finally told boss who my bf is. She was so shocked but she gave me her blessings which made me feel less guilty. Tom came to meet me for lunch and we ate at Sakae Sushi. been a long time since we last had lunch together on a weekday. Miss the good old days but no choice I guess.

After work on Friday, I had dinner with Felix, Ah Bee and Rachel at Geylang. Venue was decided by me coz I couldn't think of where else we can eat at. After dinner, we went to One Rochester for drinks. My 1st time there though I've always wanted to go for drinks at that place. I liked the ambience and atmosphere of the place. Was a nice night out though we were all feeling so tired. Haha.


The real celebrations came on 30th Dec. Suffered from headache again in the early afternoon though coz of the lack of sleep. Tom came with a tumbler of coffee which was the best cure! Hehe. We proceeded to Swensens to buy a birthday cake for my celebration at Celine's BBQ in the evening and I chose a Cookies n Cream ice cream cake. Started the 1st BBQ at Tom's place before heading over to Celine's place for her BBQ. The girls in office bought me story books for my bday and they managed to choose 2 books that I wanted. :p I even had 2 Sudoku books from both Bernicia and Basile. So sweet of Carissa's children. :)


Went back to Tom's house for more BBQ after Celine's place. Ate BBQ crabs, prawns and marshmellows. At 12 midnight, I started receiving calls and sms-es from friends and relatives wishing me a Happy Birthday. Xiao Liang called me at slightly past 12am from UK to wish me a Happy Birthday. Ali called me on 31st Dec too! From Abu Dhabi. So touched! Thanks guys! And not to forget Meng as well! ;) Played mahjong that night til about 4am which was why I slept at 4.30am.


Woke up at 8.30am to head to work. Had a pleasant surprise in office. Was struggling in office for a few hours and Yating volunteered to buy me lunch after her church service. She bought Hans steak for me but was so stressed that appetite wasn't really good. While I was on the phone, Yating, Lynn and Felix started singing Happy Birthday song with a cake! It was really a very very pleasant surprise and I was so touched that my tears nearly fell. I had no idea at all!! Really a BIG THANK YOU to the 3 of them for the very very memorable moment in my life. Don't think I can ever forget that. And also, thanx to Felix for a bouquet of roses. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walking in the woods...

Rumour

disappointed n jer's departure...