Crisis at Work

It's been a tiring week ever since last Wednesday, 12 July. I've never been more confused and unsure of my future than now. My boss announced that she will be transferring dept and it's bad news to all of us coz she's been 1 of the nicest boss. Sighz..

Ever since her announcement, I've been wondering what I should do. I've requested to transfer depts to doing treasury operations but my dept head has told me to wait til end of this year. Honestly, I'm not sure if I wanna wait coz who knows what might happen by the end of the year. No matter how much they can promise me now, there's no certainty in things.

Furthermore, there's another company having openings now and I feel that it's quite a reputable place to be in. The only problem is that I dunno what the culture is like over there and I'll be doing the same things again, which means that I won't get to learn more stuff and be exposed to more. But that company sends staff to London for training and I'm interested in that part. I wanna go travelling and gain more exposure, to see how people in other countries work. I wanna learn as much as I can while I still have the chance.

To summarise,

Staying:
Pros:
(1) I get to transfer to another dept where I can learn things, which is very useful for any career move in future.
(2) I like most of the people and culture here.

Cons:
(1) I dunno when I'll be transferred - Is it end of this yr or will they drag longer?
(2) I miss out on the opportunity to join a company that I'm interested in.

Leaving:
Pros:
(1) I get a higher pay and to try working in another country.
(2) I'll be doing something I'm good at and improve myself better.

Cons:
(1) I dunno what's the culture there like.
(2) I don't get to learn new stuff and dunno how long I have to wait to be transferred to another dept.

Somebody tell me what to do!! I'm so so so confused.. I know that I should follow my heart but.. My heart doesn't know what it wants.. Sighz.. I'm so lost and in such a dilemma. :(

Met up with Eunice for dinner yesterday and we caught up on our lives and the lives of others. It's been almost 2 years since I last saw her. She hasn't changed much since the 1st day I know her. We used to be really close to each other.. So close that our sisters called us lesbian partners. Haha. We used to meet each other in school everyday and still call each other when we reach home. We could be on the phone for hours chatting. Haha. We had THAT much to talk about!! Miss those days dearly.. She's really a great friend all this while. :)

So.. back to the dilemma, somebody help me pls!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walking in the woods...

Rumour

disappointed n jer's departure...