1st weekend of 2015

Went to see gram this morning per usual, and was pleasantly surprised! Gram was wide awake and even said a couple of words though we weren't able to hear clearly what she was saying. I'm over the moon!!!! It's been a long long long long time since gram actually opened her eyes and acknowledged us!! :)))))) Can't stop smiling at the sight of gram this morning whenever I think about it.

And I did what gram used to do for me when I was young - rub cream all over her legs as she has some bed sores and eczema sprouting up. When I was in Secondary School and JC, she would purposely wake me up 15 mins earlier. Not by shaking or waking me up but by switching on the light and sitting on my bed, rubbing cream all over my eczema filled arms and legs. And that was how I gradually recovered from eczema and got rid of some of the scars. I'll never ever forget those days coz it was gram's tender loving care that made me look beautiful. :) I'm such a crybaby.. Just thinking of that brings tears to my eyes.. :X But I'm forever grateful and indebted to gram for taking such good care of me all those years..

After seeing gram and as she started falling asleep again, we (Aunt Marg, Uncle Charles, Ann and Peg) left for breakfast at Old Airport Road. Had my favorite Albert Street Prawn Noodles with pig's intestine. Yummylicious!!! I polished off the whole bowl of noodles including more from Uncle Charles's bown as he couldn't finish and drank all the soup! Hahahaha. Can't help it! The soup was soooo sweet! Love it!!

All was good til they started talking about Adrian's divorce and I switched off mentally. And right at that moment, radio was playing "Foolish Beat" by Debbie Gibson. Another song that suits me and makes this crybaby sad. :X Sigh... What a spoiler to my otherwise beautiful morning. Not gonna think about it anymore. I'm hungry now and am going to fill my head with thoughts of food to tune out everything else. :p


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walking in the woods...

Rumour

disappointed n jer's departure...