Worst pre-April Fool's Joke..

If what happened today is meant to be a pre April Fool's Day joke, then it's the worst joke of all times.. 

My ex-boss aka Pritpal has been retrenched.. The man whom I respect the most, the man who is always cheerful and generous, the man who trusts me with a lot of stuff.. I might never have the chance to be in this department if it wasn't for him.. He hired me to this team.. And entrusted me with a lot of things. 

Cried on the MRT when he replied my sms to him. I'll never forget that day I went for interview with him.. It was a Friday and I still wore formal clothes. He came in to the room wearing jeans, sat down soooo casually slouching on his chair and simply chatted with me. Not even interviewed me. Chatted. Then he asked me some simple questions as he said was "to satisfy HR". 

Then he told me to wait in the room as he wanted to see if other traders wanted to "interview" me. And 1 by 1, traders in the team "interviewed" me. I was quite shocked then as I spoke to almost the entire team!! It was only after I was hired and was in the team for a few months when I found out what happened. Pritpal went out of the room where I was at, went back to the desk and told the team that I'm pretty and asked who wanted to see how I looked and asked them to give me marks!! 

And so.. That was how I was hired.. -.-'''' 

And I'll never forget all the chilli dumplings lunches that we've had from Crystal Jade that even the manager knows my orders by heart and knows me by face. He's paid for sooo many meals for us and he's never calculative. If the bill comes up to $230, he will give me $250 and tell me to keep the change as tips.. Little things like that to show his appreciation for me. 

And days of 2012 World Cup where he was the main "bookie" in office and I was entrusted as his "runner", keeping track of the scores and who bought which team to win and by how many goals. So many of the traders tried to tempt me to change their bets but I never once swayed coz I was loyal to my ex-boss. :) That's the kind of trust and faith we have in each other. 

Now that he's no longer in the same company, I'm gonna miss him for sure.. I will definitely do my best to stay in touch with him and hope he will reply me.. All the best to my most respected person at work - Pritpal. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walking in the woods...

Rumour

disappointed n jer's departure...