Materialistic Gains or Fulfillment in Life?

At a gathering with the usual ex colleagues gang of KK, Goldie and Justin. Somehow the topics were all involving money, pay, condos and cars. A very materialistic conversation the whole night. And also the immense pressure by my brothers on me to change jobs.

Which led me thinking back to the conversation I had with Ky today - materialistic gains or fulfillment in life. I'm no longer sure which direction I'm heading towards. I mean, of coz I would like to be more decently paid for the amount of work I do (I am the lowest paid amongst all my ex colleagues despite being in middle office whereas some are still in operations). I don't think I'm asking for too much but 5 years of being stagnant in terms of pay and ranking is bound to make any normal person unhappy and unsatisfied. And that's where I am right now.

Then comes fulfillment - does it come with a condo, a car, more money? The fulfillment Ky and I were talking about is actually on how we can contribute to the society, to our world. Definitely not the monetary sense. We are interested and keen to help others so she's gonna be planning some sort of fund raising thing and I've told her I'll help her out in every way.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna be materialistic in my life though more money is of coz better. But I don't want to make myself into a money slave. If I can, I'll be more than happy to give up my job to go to some country that needs help and be a volunteer for a while.

Maybe I should do what Jimson did. - take a break from everything to 'find' myself. I'm glad to be reconnected with a friend whom I can talk to and at least make me see that not everything in the world is about money. He is like a good balance in my rat racing life.

Time to think and consider about everything in my life. By the way, the expectations came crashing down and thank god I wasn't expecting much so disappointment is minimal. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walking in the woods...

Rumour

disappointed n jer's departure...